APP STORE OPTIMIZATION ASO 2018
App Store Optimization ASO 2018: Increase your organic downloads from 50 to 500 a day? This is the success case of an App Store Marketing customer in Spain. In average we increase the organic downloads by 100% in the App Store, similar with our app store optimization google play. With millions of apps in the app stores it is still possible to rank your app without spending millions of $ with aso marketing. Do ASO app store optimization right and you app will rank! Read here to understand how to do a app store optimization. And we show you the relevant App Store Optimization tools.
So how to do a app store optimization?
In this page we will help you to understand how the different aso app store optimization factors are connected and work with you on a 25 points aso app store optimization checklist 2018 to get instant results and higher downloads with your app ranked #1 in several keywords. Use the right App Store Optimization tools and optimize your app store keywords. We offer a App Store optimization workshop or ASO webinar to speed up your aso marketing with our app store optimization tips and tools. .
Agenda APP Store Optimization ASO 2018
- What is App Store Optimization ASO 2018?
- The ASO factors based on our ASO checklist
- ASO App Store Optimization Tools 2018: How to conduct a App Market Research in 2018?
- ASO differences Google Play versus App Store 2018
- How to increase your organic (free) downloads in 2018?
- App store keywords optimization in 2018
- App keywords research tools in 2018
- Are reviews and ratings important in the ASO 2018?
- Mobile App A/B testing 2018 – new features!
- Publishing an app without budget in 2018 but aso marketing
- Publishing an app with budget in 2018 app store optimization services
- App Store Optimization (ASO) Workshop 2018 / App Store Optimization webinar 2018
It is still similar to 2017 :_). App Store Optimization ASO 2018: improving all aspects of your App for Google Play and App Store (and yes, there are important differences). There are a lot of aspects working together to get a app to the Top10 in it’s category:
How do do a App Store Optimization? Follow this aso app store optimization guide and the mentioned aso tools and you will increase. It is still less complicated as SEO, although people often refer to it as SEO for apps.
We have managed over 100+ apps and have 1000+ keywords worldwide in Top10 in Google Play and App Store. Every week there is an update for a next client or existing customer. Why? You should adapt your app keywords every 4 weeks to rank higher! App Store Optimization ASO 2018 works with the right aso marketing and using the right app store optimization tools.
For our customers we typically manage to get instant results in terms of more keyword rankings which lead to more organic downloads using our app store optimization checklist: How to do a app store optimization. But it does not stop there. Downloads are only one part of the game, you want to earn MONEY! So we will help you to improve and market your app on the long run with our app store optimization services.
The ASO App Store Optimization factors in 2018:
What do you need to cover if you want to optimize your app position in the app stores? And be beware of the differences in Google Play and App Store.
ASO App Store Optimization factors in 2018 that are easy to change:
- Find the right App Keywords in 2018 (different strategy in Google Play and App Store)
- Put the App Keywords in the right place
- Optimize the App Title with your new 2018 app keywords
- Optimize the App Subtitle with your new 2018 app keywords
- Marketing message: Promotional Text (iOS only)
- App description in 2018
- Showcase your app’s unique selling points in attractive Screenshots
- Design a clear App Icon, adapt to 2018 design trends
- Build a App Preview Video to convince potential users
- Find the right App Category
- Optimize the App’s price
- Minimize your app’s size
- Localize your app to have more downloads and revenue
- build a SEO optimized landing page / small website for your app using SEO 2018
And there are some more factors that have an impact on the ranking of your app (ASO App Store optimization Google Play and ASO App Store work in a different way here):
Additional ASO App Store Optimization factors 2018 to have in mind :
- Total number of downloads is still an important factor
- Download velocity (how many downloads your App did have in last days, weeks, in total
- App Updates have an impact on visibility, update every 4 weeks
- App Ratings have a strong impact on ranking and conversion rates
- Reviews have a strong impact on ranking and conversion rates
- Active Users in 2018 are becoming a more and more important ranking factor
- De-Installs in 2018 are becoming a more and more important ranking factor
- Build a GoToMarket Strategy for App Launch that includes Social Media, Traffic to your apps website, eMail, Referrals = ASO MARKETING
- SEO Aspects and Social Signs: yes, SEO does have an impact mainly on Google Play
- Mobile App A/B Tests to validate that you showcase the right thing to your users
How to conduct App Market Research in 2018 with ASO Tools and tips?
Some new tools emerged, but in the end it is the similar as before. Four App Store Optimization ASO in 2018 you need to identify your competition, and even better if you can name your competition in the mobile app space. After you know with whom you compete, you can choose from several free App Store Optimization tools to get real world numbers on them. And yes, do this. You will learn funny things on what works and what not. And do not forget to talk about DOWNLOADs. It does not matter to rank number 1 for a keyword that has no downloads.
Relevant ASO Marketing Tools in 2018 for keywords, market, reviews are:
- AppTweak for keywords and Apple Search ads (our personal choice)
- TheTool (with updated Google Play downloads
- SensorTower (nice if you have only 1 app)
- Google Search Console
- Google Keyword planner
- SEMRush (keywords)
- MOZ (keywords)
There are some new ASO App Store Optimization Tools that have a nice value proposals, check out:
Both lists are incomplete, but finally we tend to work with tools that we know.
ASO differences Google Play versus App Store in 2018
Let’s put it straight, if you have done the ASO 2018 fine for the APP Store, you would probably get some results on Google Play. And vice versa. BUT you would miss 50% of possible organic downloads.
You can apply findings from the market research on Google Play to App Store and market research on App Store to Google Play. But you still need to add some more details to reach the full potential of both stores.
The main differences App Store Optimization Google Play and App Store in 2018 are:
- the way the search engine works (in iOS it basically takes keywords from title, subtitle and keywords list with a different rating factor while in Google Play you have Title, Subtitle and description for the keywords and some SEO tactics)
- How the overall ranking is calculated … total downloads, download velocity, ratings, reviews are important on both App Stores
- Google Play takes into account a bunch of more factors like social signs and SEO factors, active users, de-install rate …
How to increase your organic (free) downloads in 2018 with App Store Optimization tips?
- Build a fantastic app MVP that solves a user problem / demand with 2018 design
- Run A/B Tests already in the design phase
- choose the right category for you
- work on Icon, Screenshots, preview videos and A/B test them
- find the right mix for Title, Subtitle, Keywords (brand versus ASO)
- add a budget for the App GoLive
- Publish the app using the right App marketing Mix
- Listen to your users and adapt the app
- ask your happy! users for a rating / review
Follow our App Store Optimization ASO 2018 guide and you will rock the ranking charts. This sounds like a lot of steps, but you want to get more free downloads! There are more factors, eg app revenue (IAP or Paid) have a hugh impact on the organic ranking. Most clients come to us when the app is ready to publish or when the app is published and does not get relevant downloads. But sorry, this is to late. You need to prepare before Go-Live as the first 2 weeks of your app live has a lasting effect on your app standing. A new app is like a pregnancy, once the baby is out, you need to have everything in place to grow it.
Reviews and ratings for App ranking in 2018 for the right ASO app Store optimization?
Reviews and Ratings have 2 major impacts:
- a customer that compares 2 apps will always tend the the app with more good ratings
- Ratings have a important impact on your ranking in Google Play and AppStore
Having this in mind, you have to work on your reviews and ratings. Ask your users for a feedback when he is happy (eg just bought the app or managed a level up). There is a native review request in iOS that boost the number of the reviews. Implement it!
And if your ranking is below 4 in either stores, you need to act! In iOS you can reset your ranking and start from scratch (but you will loose ranking compared to your competition if you start from 0). In Google Play in 2018 you just need to work on it. If the ranking is really low and you have a low number of downloads, take this app out and publish a new app!.
A/B testing ASO Marketing in 2018!
A funny thought, everybody knows about Mobile App A/B testing in 2018 but we know only a small number of app publishers that use this in their design process or once the app is published. You can A/B test everything: Icon, screenshots, app screens, push notification … put on a assumption and test against it. You know nothing John Snow :_) until you have tested it out. And you can now even integrate your Facebook ads with a specific onboarding process following
Tools that help you in the design process and review user feedback in the design process:
App Store Optimization Tools to test and publish apps with a low budget:
Use the test features in Google Play to validate icon, screenshots, title, subtitle, texts …. Run the tests minimum 2 weeks. Test only against an assumption and make sure not to mix several changes in the test. We have learned that the same test can give you different results :_).
ASO Marketing Tools to test and publish apps if you have budget and really want to earn money:
- LeanPlum (In App Screens and Messaging)
- Swrve (In App Screens and Messaging)
- Localytics (application analytics)
- AppSee (User recordings!)
- Delta DNA
and countless Marketing analytics providers to track where your downloads come from like:
How does this fit together?
Publish an App in 2018 without budget:
A low invest approach is to build the best app using free tools as above and publish it using the App Store Optimization ASO 2018 strategy in our checklist “How to do a app store optimization”. See downloads rolling in, take the user feedback in reviews and ratings serious to change and update your app. Update the ASO every 4 weeks until you have a good organic download rate. Try to understand what your user is doing in the app and add more value using free tools. Work with free tools like onesignal to send push message to activate users. Play around with price schemes to see if you can earn money.
Publish an app in 2018 with budget, ASO Marketing and help of a top notch ASO Agency:
If you review the apps that really earn money like Calm.com or Hooked or many others they have one thing in common. The really know what their users are and how to communicate with them. They follow the trends ofApp Store Optimization ASO 2018. And this is not only because they have more and bright stuff working on it. NO. They use the right tools to get new users (eg manage your paid and organic downloads with AppFlyer and you can measure which keywords bring you the best users). The use tools like LeanPlum to understand what users are doing and send different users groups automatic multi-channel messages in different stages of the app use. And they can change the look and feel of their app (like User Onboarding or SignUp or Purchase) and test several scenarios. Like this they learn and are getting better and better. But all this does not work, if your app has no value or a terrible design.
But back to the beginning, You still want to double your downloads, right?
Like our customer Kids Safe Video Player – From 50 to 500 organic downloads a day.
But don’t worry, we have the solution for you: our App Store Optimization ASO Workshop. This is a 1- day workshop where we brief you in the details and even work some hours on your app to double your downloads. We also do an ASO webinar that is held online an adapts to your needs. ASO Marketing made easy following our How to do app store optimization guide. Get result and rank your app #1 with our proven aso app store optimization.
Details of our App Store Optimization (ASO) Workshop:
More about App Store Optimization:
- Rank your app #1 in Google Play with App Store Optimization Google Play
- Rank your app #1 in App Store
- Rank your app #1 in Apple Search Ads (ASA)
- ASO workshop
- ASO tips
- ASO tools
- Award winning Apps by Leverage IQ Group
- 1 Day ASO Workshop + App Store Optimization
- Online ASO Webinar about ASO Marketing
- Rank your app #1
- Double your downloads with “In Depth ASO APP Analysis”